Monday, June 13, 2016

In the Midst of the Craziness...

Life feels a little crazy right now, doesn't it?

Last week, we had several appointments and lots of move prep, and then I made a trip to the ER with Wyatt on Thursday night.  Thankfully he's okay.  This morning the move prep continues, while Annalee is on day 3 of a fever.

But then there's the news.  The terrible news.  Every day it's something.  There's so much hatred in the world.  Sunday morning's tragedy leaves us reeling again.

I can't put into words everything I feel right now, so I'm leaving it up to people who are much better at writing than myself.  Here are some good links worth reading.

-- With the regards to the massacre:

This really spoke to me, because I get so frustrated by how everything turns into a political debate or social media rage.  Something happens and everyone feels the need to start weighing in with opinions.  On Sunday morning, a horrible tragedy happened.  Can't we just stop and mourn?  Can We Still Weep Together After Orlando?

This from We Are That Family: It's a Sad Day in America.  "I don't know what we're going to wake up to any more."

-- I shared this on my personal FB last week, but I think it's a good reminder of what we need to be teaching our boys.  Ann Voskamp is such a strong writer.  About Those "20 Minutes of Action": 20 Things We'd Better Tell Our Sons Right Now About Being Real Men.

-- This post Excuse Me While I Lather My Child With This Toxic Death Cream was written by someone I went to boarding school with.  It's something that really speaks to how scary it can be to try to mother these days, and how most of us are honestly doing our best.  Unfortunately, Sarah received some negative backlash (along with lots of positive affirmation!).  So she wrote this follow-up which is also good.  People think they can say whatever they want from behind a screen...

-- And finally, I really liked this post from The Shine Project's Ashley LeMieux, #Unfollow Evil.  I mentioned The Shine Project in my post on Small Business Saturday, and Ashley's blog is also great.  As we grieve, let's not let hatred win and grow more anger and violence.

I hope to check in with a post later this week, but in the meantime, have a good, peaceful day.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and make my day! Leave a (respectful) comment!