Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Think pink!

We had our 20-week sonogram last week!  I think it's one of my favorite parts of pregnancy.  I could spend all day watching my little ones move before I've ever truly seen them or held them in my arms.  It appears things are going very well, for which I am ever so thankful.  And... (Because we are impatient "peekers")... it's a girl!!

I really didn't care one way or the other.  Since I now have both, I knew I would love and be thrilled with either a boy or a girl.  In my mind, it made sense to me that I as having a boy.  I thought, I've had three girls.  Now it will be a second boy.  Plus, this baby seems to be big, and Wyatt was my big baby -- 9 lbs 5 ozs at his birth a week early -- while my older girls were between 7 lbs 10 ozs and 8 lbs.

But I kept having dreams about a girl baby.  I've had some really vivid dreams that I hope never come true, but these were little "glimpse" moments where I was kissing her cheeks her hearing her laugh -- good dreams.  Exactly like I had with Wyatt about him being a boy even though I'd had three girls, starting twelve years before.  It seemed weird to think I would have a boy with all these dreams, like my body being in total conflict with my mind.  So I feel a bit relieved just to think it makes sense this way.

Anyway, we are very thankful... and excited!  Little girl clothes again!! (*Squeal*!)  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and make my day! Leave a (respectful) comment!