Thursday, October 2, 2014

31 Days of Surprise Endings


Welcome to 31 Days of Surprise Endings!

There have been so many times I've thought I was smart enough to know what was going to happen next.  I had a really fantastic plan.  I'd practiced.  I knew that person so well.  I was prepared.  But then, something happened.  Everything went wrong, or embarrassing, or... a million times better than I could ever have imagined.

Many of these are travel tales (because that's a huge part of my life), but there are also plenty of stories of day-to-day motherhood, marriage, and other relationships.  In everything I will tell here, though,  I think I learned something valuable: the true worth of a mother's prayers, the kindness of strangers in an unkind world, the hilarious humility that comes with communicating in a foreign language, what grace is, and so much more.

I'm so excited to share these experiences with you and hope that what I discovered can maybe help and encourage you with the surprises, the unexpected twists and turns, in your life as well.  Or at the very least, give you something to laugh at (me).

Please follow along, and let's talk about surprises!  I think this will be fun!

"Surprise is the greatest gift which life can grant us." -- Boris Pasternak

{Today is Day 1.}
Day 2: Shangri-La {Part 1}
Day 3: Shangri-La {Part 2}
Day 4: Shangri-La {Part 3}
Day 5: Boo.  I didn't post.  Sundays, it turns out, are absolutely crazy.
Day 6: In the Letting Go {Part 1}
Day 7: In the Letting Go {Part 2}
Day 8: In the Letting Go {Part 3}
Day 9:  Nada
Day 10:  Nada
Day 11:  In the Letting Go {Part 4}
Day 12:
Day 13:
Day 14:
Day 15:
Day 16:
Day 17:
Day18:
Day 19:
Day 20:
Day 21:
Day 22:
Day 23:
Day 24:
Day 25:
Day 26:
Day 27:
Day 28:
Day 29:
Day 30:
Day 31:

2 comments:

  1. I love your button and look forward to reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Robyn! I appreciate it!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and make my day! Leave a (respectful) comment!